Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimmyp1873

New headunit

5 posts in this topic

Looking to replace the Bol***ks head unit with a new 1. Must have Bluetooth for the phone and possibly sat nav although not a deal breaker. I'm not that clued up on this sort of stuff nowadays but is it still a case of the more expensive the better????????

If you have an Apple or Android phone I'd suggest getting something with Carplay and/or Android Auto, they are so much nicer to use than the standard interfaces from the likes of Kenwood or Pioneer, which still seem to be stuck in the 90s when aftermarket stereos were a big thing.

I've been using a Pioneer SPH-DA120 for Apple Carplay for over a year and it's a nice stereo but it's all touch-based, so a little difficult at times given the ride of the RB. If I was buying again I'd go for a Sony XAV-AX100: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/xav-ax100

consider updating the speakers too. I fitted a set of mildly more expensive Pioneer items and it made a huge difference

it's only on when the missus is in the car anyway :laugh:

Seems like a decent piece of kit. I did look at some and they were touching around 850 quid. wouldn't say they were twice as good as that Sony.  I would change the speakers anyway, that probably goes without saying.

Give craig a shout at skids mate. I got a very decent head unit for £400