Sign in to follow this  
CasiOpeiA

Standard exhaust system / How may cats / What kind of cats

Hello,

I will get a remap for my RB in decembre. All I've changed is the middle section of the exhaust to a straight one and a back box. Both in 2,5 Zoll (Hayward&Scott). And a original panal filter from STI.

Now I'm wondering what kind of cats are used in the standard exhaust system of the RB. I've thought it was only one (sport) cat in the Prodrive downpipe (100 cell?).

Can you please help me?

Sorry for my bad english, I come from germany. ;-)

Andre

it all depends on how tight your emissions testing is in Germany. The standard system is already very close to the UK limits so a sports cat would need to be read hot to pass a standing test

as far as I know it's a pre-cat in the down pipe and the main cat is in the centre section at the front. I'm sure someone will know for sure on here though.

Also worth looking into some of the threads about power increases and the related engine failure risks associated with the RB320 before you map it if you haven't considered it already :good:

I've thought Hawkeye ppp inc rb320 used std cat downpipe but mid section cat(catpipe) is removed the std subaru heatshielding remains.

Hi,

I am looking for a standard exhaust centre section for my RB320.  

Is the centre section the same as a standard 2006/2007 STI centre section?   Also, any idea if an earlier (2001-2005) centre section will fit?

Thanks,

Ian.