Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zub

milltek non resonated vs resonated

21 posts in this topic

has any one heard the difference between these 2?

ive had a blitz nur spec r on an yes was amazing but baby due so is a little bit loud so need to replace with some thing else.

ive gone back and put the prodrive exhaust on and is silent, doesnt even sound like an impreza any more.

so i think i might get a milltek possibly next, not sure on which one though?

or any one able to recommend any other cat back systems that are good and a bit more sutable for a family car other than the blitz?

Have you tried leaving the Prodrive back box on & just fitting a non-res straight through centre section!!!???

The bit the kills the db flat four burble is the heavy resonated centre section!!

I have the Milltek resonated! 3" turbo back sounds ok to me :-)

I fitted a non-res straight through milltec centre section and got rid of the resonated bit, cost me £120 fitted at asp, still not loud enough for me though. Does sound a little better than the oe system I have to say.

I fitted the Milltek cat back non resonated centre and back box, it provides a deeper sound than the pro drive system and sounds glorious when pressing on whilst not deafening the occupants, those outside of the vehicle only have to put up with it for a few seconds :good: so I am selfish enough not to care

Rich

milltek non resonated sounds good! whats it like on a motorway, is it similar to the pro drive or does it drone a lot?

so is the non resonated ok sounding if your on the motorway etc, not boomy or an annoying drone to it?

Nothing to worry about, the increase in sound is a slightly deeper bass note, the rear seat occupants wouldnt notice unless they are in the business.

At a steady speed on the motorway 70mph (100mph autobahn) it is perfectly ok and only really changes under acceleration when it sounds very nice. Outside of the vehicle (particularly those following) will definitely hear if you are pressing on :good:

Rich

Thanks for the reply Rich! a non-resonated one sounds like it be spot on then. my main worry was the cabin noise for the baby, but if its only slightly louder than the prodrive system then thats cool. ive also got a 100 cell japspeed sport cat, but i dont think that will make it any louder.

ive found a really good deal too at scoobyworld for a non resonated cat back milltek system for £330.

You could also dynamat the boot area. This will stop any resonating or booming effect.

I have Milteks full sytem and sports cat with a resonated section.

People tell me that they can here me coming when i go to visit before i get there.

Its fine at motor way speeds, but i have fully dynamated my boot and doors and it seems to quiet from the inside. I was thinking of changing to the non resonated section for a bit more base/burble.

I put the milltek non resonated centre and back box on mine with no re-map and it sounds just right, how ever i was only running 290 bhp on the rolling road after this modification so back to standard for the time being and back to normal power on the rolling road and i can feel the difference.

He's trying to say he lost power putting the milltek on, and regards to op the milltek is like a church mouse compared to the blitz, when I start mine now I go round and sniff the exhaust to make sure it's started since my Milly was fitted :)

mine was making 320 on the nose with the standard system (twice at two different rollers at opposite ends of the country!) and made a shade over 320 on the HKS Superdragger, then it went up a bit again when I fitted the Nur spec... you would be amazed at the difference they can make

He's trying to say he lost power putting the milltek on, and regards to op the milltek is like a church mouse compared to the blitz, when I start mine now I go round and sniff the exhaust to make sure it's started since my Milly was fitted :)

Hi Mark

Have you gone full system with Miltek? Why the change?

I know its quieter than the Blitz you had but have you noticed anything in terms of power etc?

I wanted the sound of the blitz but was told the milly was better for performance ?

What do you think after having both?

Yes full de-cat system, I changed the system to something that's quieter, no difference in power, so if you want the blitz go for it, out of the two exhausts I'd say the blitz has a better build and finish than the milltek, but is just so noisey...

Yes full de-cat system, I changed the system to something that's quieter, no difference in power, so if you want the blitz go for it, out of the two exhausts I'd say the blitz has a better build and finish than the milltek, but is just so noisey...

Could i just fit a blitz system up to my miltek sports cat ?

Im really tempted, not sure if it would be too noisey or not?

Will have to wait and see whats she's like after i get it back and then remapped from Simon :D

Milltek make their exhaust systems in slightly different sizes, so you can only run a full system unless you modify and fabricate it to fit the blitz

Milltek make their exhaust systems in slightly different sizes, so you can only run a full system unless you modify and fabricate it to fit the blitz

Ok thanks Mark.

Will wait and see what the cars like when i get it back :)

I've had a resonated Milltek system (in fact turbo back) and got rid of it as I found it too boomy on the motorway for my liking.

That was on a Forester though that doesn't have a separate boot.

With a Prodrive downpipe and sports cat and H&S resonated centre section it is not boomy and you can still hear the burble.